- 2011-2020 Agile Apple ASP.NET Cloud Companies Comparison Creativity Databases Deliberate Practice Experience Google Innovation Learning Management Microsoft Mobiles Predictions Productivity Programmers Programming Project Management SDLC Skills SoftwareCraftsmanship SQL-Server Success Super Uncategorized VB.NET
Top Posts & Pages
- Error 7 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
- Error msg: No mapping exists from object type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter to a known managed provider native type.
- How to open a new page/window and send parameters by clicking a button?
- RT @jerome_etienne: Two way #AR portal with AR.js - Running markers 😄 https://t.co/55Wo207EqI 2 weeks ago
- RT @practicingdev: Spotting Hidden Dependencies in Incremental Changes, one of my fav chapters from my book, is now freely available: http… 2 weeks ago
- @rbates Thanks 1 month ago
- RT @rbates: Announcing: RailsCasts Pro and Revised episodes are now free! Anyone can watch them without a subscription at https://t.co/VFS8… 1 month ago
- @jsonmez .. but expect failure, have a backup plan, and a plenty of fuel to complete to the end. Failure is the best teacher. 1 month ago
Monthly Archives: November 2011
The how of learning is deliberate practice. Hours of deliberate practice were a factor of 6 more effective than hours of regular practice (playing tournament games). Deliberate Practice in Mathematics: For example, in school and college, to develop mathematics and … Continue reading
“Obsess over small defects” is how you become the Amazon of the web. From a fantastic interview with Jeff Bezos by Steven Levy at Wired; Bezos: “Tech companies always have high margins, except for Amazon. We’re the only tech company … Continue reading
Apple achieved all of that because of the Focus and decisive leadership provided by Jobs: One of Jobs’s great strengths was knowing how to focus. “Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do,” he said. … Continue reading
If you’re chronically stressed and up late working, you’re doing something wrong. You’ve built a life around hard to do work, not hard work. Hard to do Work = spread your work throughout the day + sleep less Hard Work … Continue reading
No one cares whether your radical career transformation is your “passion” — if you’re not bringing a hard won skill to the table, you’re not likely to come away with a great work situation. To summarize, I agree that you … Continue reading